By accessing BehindTheSciences.com, you agree to abide by and be bound by the terms described herein as well as any additional terms and restrictions presented in relation to specific content, service, product or feature.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
BehindTheSciences.com typically display images as part of posts written by our editors. The types of images editors and commenters are authorized to use on BehindTheSciences.com include:
- Images licensed from photographic archive vendors
- Images supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
- Reader-submitted images, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site(s)
- Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
- Images commissioned by BehindTheSciences.com
- Images that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, such as:
- Thumbnail images of 150×150 pixels or less, cropped or reduced in size from the original source
- Images used to illustrate a newsworthy story, where the image itself is the story
- Images so widely distributed that they are deemed to have become part of the news
If BehindTheSciences receives notice that an image posted is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the Comments section where it is posted, we reserve to right to remove that image.
If you think we have published an image or text that infringes your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the categories listed above, we believe that our use of the image is legitimate and we will not remove it from the site.
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, The Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003 and EU copyright directive.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF) that sets forth the items specified below.
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
- For each allegedly infringing image or piece of text that you wish to have removed from one of our sites, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- Provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing material:
- Proof of copyright in the image or text concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA, The Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003 or EU copyright directive,
OR, absent such registration,
- a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, AND
- Evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image.
- We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Sign the document and email it to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights
BehindTheSciences.com routinely contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, BehindTheSciences.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to BehindTheSciences.com.
BehindTheSciences.com does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.