If you are a smoking, you know what you need to do: QUIT! We use technology in our advantage every time more and there are even tech solutions to help you to stop smoking. In this post we are going to review a very good option and also we will present you the sciences behind vaping 🙂
The Product: vaper/e-cigarette kit
In the following picture, we show you the vaper and the nice pink package (don’t worry! there are also black and purple options!). Have a look at the Kangeronline website to check prices and different models.
Before we continue this review you may be wonder how this e-cigarettes (also named “vapers” work), aren’t you curious about it?
How the vapers work
You need to add a e-liquid inside the tank which will be turned into vapor. The components involved in the reaction are described in the following picture:
What will you find in the vaper’s kit
As you can see in the picture, you have all you need to vape included in the kit, except a battery and the e-liquids (you may find good deals and offers when you buy your kit, so ask!).
What’s In The Box
- 1 x Kanger Kbox Nano
- 1 x Kanger Subtank Nano
- 1 x 0.5 ohm coil 15-60W (Direct to Lung inhale)
- 1 x 1.5 ohm coil 10-26W (Mouth to Lung inhale)
- 1 x Pink Micro USB charger cable
- 1 x Replacement glass
- 510 drip tip (Delrin)
- Aqueous ceramic coating
- Improved airflow design
- Height w/o Drip Tip: 47mm
- Height with Drip Tip: 60mm
- Range|: 7-50W adjustable in 0.1 watt increments
- Resistance: 0.3ohm – 2.5 ohm
- 510 thread
- Low Resistance and Low Voltage Protection
- Short Circuit, Reverse Battery and Overheating Protection
- 10 second cut-off safety protection
- Magnetic Battery Cover
- Powered by 1 x 18650 (Flat Top) – 20A minimum (sold seperately)
- Zinc alloy casing
- Charged via USB cable (supplied)
0.5 ohm – (direct lung inhale)
- 15 – 60 watt (max) – 20 – 40% VG
- 15 – 50 watt (max) – 50 – 70% VG
- 15 – 40 watt (max) – 80 – 100% VG
1.5 ohm – (mouth to lung inhale)
- 10 – 26 watt (max) – 20 – 40% VG
- 10 – 22 watt (max) – 50 – 70% VG
- 10 – 18 watt (max) – 80 – 100% VG
VG stands for Vegetable Glycerin. It is a natural chemical, derived from vegetable oil, so is safe for vegetarians. It is commonly used in e-liquid to give a ‘thick’ sensation to vapour. VG has a slightly sweet taste and is considerably thicker than PG. The hit from a high VG fluid is a lot smoother than with PG, making it more suitable for sub-ohm vaping. While nicotine and flavourings are commonly suspended in PG, some vendors are offering a VG alternative, to enable 100% VG mixes.
It can be found in numerous medical, food and personal care products:
- Sweetener as sugar replacement
- Beauty products, such as make-up, mousse, bubble bath, aftershave, and deodorant
- Pet food
- Soap and hand cream
- Food such as baked goods, to increase moisture
- To provide thick gel for certain medicinal creams, capsule pills and jellies
- Toothpaste and other dental care products
The FDA has classified VG as “generally recognized as safe” and it is widely regarded as one of the most benign substances known to man. The SIDS assessment profile show it to have low toxicity when consumed, and of low potential to irritate the skin or eye. This, along with the widespread use of VG in food and medicine suggest it is safe for humans.
Battery: charge and autonomy
One of the key features of this vaper is that provides different vaping strengths, from low to very strong (it is easier to smoke from it than from a conventional cigarette). Therefore, the battery needed is quite big and, therefore, it takes a while in charging. About 2 hours and a half should be enough.
While charging, the vaper’s display will show a battery charging icon and once it’s done, the ico will be a battery fully charged (similar as the battery icons in phones). When working, this display also show the vaping strength (adjustable with the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons, in a 0.1 W resolution and up to 50 W) and the level of remaining battery. The amount of vapor can be adjusted by turning the gear that is on the tank base. To turn it on and off, you just simply need to press the top button 5 times.
How long does it last the batteries? Well, that depends on how often you use it. For example, if you use it as if you were smoking 10 cigarettes per day, it can last 2 or 3 days.
The following image shows the body of the vaper in more details:
What about the e-liquids/juices?
First, note that you can separate all the pieces in the tube part as it is shown in the following picture in order to fill it with the e-liquid, clean it or change the coil.
A good way to add the e-liquid is to separate all the tank components from the base piece and insert the e-liquid applicator in the glass, around the internal tool that is linked to the mouthpiece.
It is also advised not to use any e-liquid with more than 6mg of nicotine, as your vapor may taste harsh. The ones we have tried are the Ez Duz It on Ice and the Panda Milkshake. which taste like watermelon and strawberry juice and milky chocolate drink, respectively.
To be honest, vaping this flavors is much more nicer than smoking a conventional cigarette for several reasons:
- They taste batter
- They smell much more better
- They are cleaner
- They are healthier (much more less, or even zero, nicotine)
- Overall, it is cheaper
- They help to stop the dependency
We definitely recommend you to give a try to these products if you are smoker. Watch out! This is not a sponsored/paid post: it’s our real opinion 🙂
We’d be glad to read your opinions in the comments!